OFFICIAL Newsletter || Hello, YayMC!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Reece, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Reece

Reece Aspiring Member

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Hello, hello, YayMC!

My name, as I'm sure most of you know my now, is Reece. I'm the new Community Manager hired by @Coelho and @Emmanuel. I was brought onto the staff team with quite a lot of pre-discussion, planning, and more between Jack and I. It was a very surprising addition I'm sure for a lot of the players who were sick of the lack of updates and changes to the network. As such, I'm hopefully going to rectify this and bring a lot of passion and dedication to the network that Coelho and Emmanuel could not do alone. I've been doing a lot with this server since I've been assigned as a Manager. I've worked on the staff ranks on the Discord and forums, as well as a total rework of the forums. I'm sure you've already noticed some of the changes!

However, this is about who I am, so I'll go through some of the more important bits. I've worked with this community before, and I'm one of the first 100 members to have joined this new forum. I've seen a lot of you on other networks, and many of you have pushed me to try for a Community Management position on here. I'd consider myself adept in the ability of communication, and staff management. Yesterday, Coelho and Emmanuel finalized the rank, and I was instated as a Manager.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to server management, and I'd never consider myself as such. However, I am indeed a stranger to some of the newer players of this server in particular. In the few hours I've been here, I've had a chance to talk with a few of the members of this dear community and get to know what it's like here better. From what I can tell, this is a community that's been through thick and thin, and are more than excited and willing to let me work my magic on this network, and do what I do best. This community, even in my experience, is like a family. You are all, seemingly, fairly close together, and you know each other decently well. The gamemodes here are solid on paper, and with the amount of work that Emmanuel and I have thought and discussed, they're going to become solid in execution as well. I wish I could say the same for the forums, however; I've already gone and done a large revamp, but beforehand, they were extremely messy and lacking. Regardless, the staff team here is very adamant to keep the server a good place; They all seem like great people, and I can't wait to work closer with them as time goes on. They've all shown me a very open welcome, for the most part, with open arms.

I've been handed a community that is strong, and tightly-knit. I couldn't be happier working here with a server that I've brought quite a bit in the past, and will continue to bring more to in the future.

I completely understand that a lot of you may be confused as to why this occurred, and some of you may be wondering why someone else didn't get this position; I completely understand that hesitation. However, I have an extensive experience, having managed a ~200 player Factions server in the past, as well as done various jobs with other owners of major networks which I cannot name here.

[​IMG]

Another thing I'd like to address now is the fact that people have questioned the difference in positions between @Emmanuel and myself. I am a Community Manager, and he is a Content Manager. We both have severely different interests and goals in mind. I'm going to be dealing with the Staff Team, and the Community mainly. I'll be running the Events alongside Jack, but he'll be mainly dealing with Bugs, Balancing, etc. - I'll be doing Staff Applications, Appeals, etc.

See the difference?

My job here is to ensure that everything community wise is running smoothly, especially with the staff team, server events, rework planning, configs, tweaks, and so much more. Doing something as large as we're planning is extremely hard to do alone; So it's great to have someone to work alongside of to ensure that we can come up with unique, creative ideas for this community. Jack is someone that I've respected for a long time, and I can't wait to see what we can come up with together.

However, first thing's first. I mentioned that I wasn't too keen on the forums at the moment. I also mentioned that I basically completely renovated the forums. As such, I'm going to talk about what's happened with the forums for those who might've missed it, or are curious.
    What's come out of this maintenance?
    • A total, and complete rework of the node system. A lot of the sections will be moved around.
    • User Trophies were reworked.
    • User Title Ladder was reworked.
    • A rewrite of all official documentation such as the rules, formats, etc.
    • All non-existent formats will be added.
    • A rework of the permissions for each group.
    • CSS for users and staff were reworked.
    [​IMG]

Starting from today (technically yesterday), Emmanuel and I have become a team. We're going to focus from here-on-in on making Yay into something amazing again. We're going to focus on making Yay something fresh to look forward to. We're going to make Yay into what it used to be, what it should be, and what it should've been.

I'm sincerely looking forward to working with every single one of you.

Stay tuned,
    Reece.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. EmmanuelFan

EmmanuelFan Prospecting Member

Ratings:
    Hype Hype!

3. FastAsThunder2

Ratings:
    HYPE!
    Can't wait to see what you do!

4. 13Ping

13Ping Aspiring Member

Ratings:
    Can't-Wait to see YayMC back to where it needs to be.

5. 1qw

1qw Devoted Member

Ratings:
    Nice to see you here, hopefully this server can be restored for those who still play Minecraft, they deserve to see yay how it should be.

6. Awesomepd

Awesomepd New Member

Ratings:
    make yay great again! xD

7. feestjezus

feestjezus New Member

Ratings:
    Don’t let reece manage yaymc. It will make the server die. Oh wait, it’s dead already. I see now, you have been warned.

8. Holsson

Holsson Aspiring Member

Ratings:
    dawg the server isn't even out

9. VoltOpt

VoltOpt Aspiring Member

Ratings:
    Interesting. I have high hopes for KitPvP...If it were me running the server I'd bring back the same KitPvP server Sciatis had. That server alone always had 100-200+ people on.

Good luck.

10. feestjezus

feestjezus New Member

Ratings:
    I might seem joking, but this new "manager" had managed my server as well beginning this year, and he completely killed my server and it's playerbase. Yaymc was already dying lately, but I have low hopes that it will get any better at this stage.

11. Tim

Tim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    Our favourite boy just knows how to portray himself to be like he's the best and all and only if he was as great as he tries to act towards the public. He silences everyone that poses as a threat to him since we all know better. The fake vouch from Sciatis should already say enough.

Wanna bet that this will get removed once he sees it?

12. Reece

Reece Aspiring Member

Ratings:
    You do realize that I didn't have anything to do with what occurred, right? You also do realize that not only did my revamp bring 60-100 concurrent players, the second I left, your entire playerbase also left. Not to mention the fact that you:
    1. Stole from the other owner of the network, named Lezepti, as well as constantly avoided making your server not p2w.
    2. Constantly acted like we did something wrong, when you were the one who did wrong all the time yourself.
    3. Rushed Michael (clx_) and I constantly, hounding us over any small change, and a lot more.

If you're going to follow me around and say that I did a bad job, I can easily come right back at you and say how shitty of an owner you were. Not only did you waste hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on alcohol, you also constantly refused to pay Michael specifically for anything. Lezepti had to pay him, and he insisted that he paid me even though I didn't request it. And then, after all of that, after everything Lezepti did for you, you stole from him, and left him with the chargebacks.

Oh but no, I ruined your server.
    Fuck off lol.

13. Reece

Reece Aspiring Member

Ratings:
    Fake vouch? wtf? Sciatis literally contacted me about managing a server that he was going to open. Honestly I'm so sick of you acting like you know everything about everything. lmfao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  • About Us

YayMC was an adventure that started around Christmas of 2015, and has grown ever since that day. Ever since release, YayMC's Management has prided itself on creating custom, creative, and unique content that the community wants to see. Our ever-growing community has many proud members who are fond of what Yay was, is, and will become.
  • Follow us on Twitter!

• Awesome Perks!

The Management team at YayMC focuses on pushing bug fixes, content updates, and gameplay changes to keep your experience smooth, and unique. We wouldn't be able to do this without your everlasting support. Donating is the main way to show your support of our efforts. Not to mention, you get amazing and fun perks!

Visit our store!