Dismiss Notice
Join our discord server to get regular updates on small server updates and changes. https://discord.gg/sWdrjsN

How to help YayMC.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fastened, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Fastened

Fastened Active Member

Ratings:
    You want YayMC to be successful again? Do you really want those old days back? There's going to need to be a few things before we get there.

1- Donate. Donate. Donate. The more you donate, the more money the server has. Which means more money towards developers (new things), and advertisements (more players). I know the interest in donating is much lower now with the state of the server, but that's why I put an emphasis on the really.

2- Everything would need to be redone. Like I mean EVERYTHING. The reason there's so many issues is because old issues were just covered up instead of fixed. Some problems on the server are unfixable. To try to fix them would be so much more time and money than to just have it redone.

3- @Coelho Would need to be try a bit harder to be more active in the community for this all to happen. Or if he's too busy to do that, possibly promote Jack to co-owner so he could do that job. No server is successful w/o a large presence from it's owner.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Maxxy

Maxxy Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    At this time I wouldn't give two shits if YayMC were to just die and got Ctrl+Alt Deleted from existence. I had my fun as forums mod and pissing off the new faces of YayMC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ILuvYayMC

ILuvYayMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    Emmanuel is basically co-owner/owner as he has access to everything.

4. Fastened

Fastened Active Member

Ratings:
    Then there's so much more that could be done if he was given the money to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. VoltOpt

VoltOpt Active Member

Ratings:
    I think sadly it's a little too far gone to go back. As long as Coelho is the owner and continues to do nothing then nothing will happen. If Jack had his own server it would be a different story.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. FatDyke

FatDyke New Member

Ratings:
    How? Isnt Jack/Emmanuel already in charge of everything aside from maybe the funding? What more would change if the server was his? Even if he was in charge of the funding its not like advertising would do much rn being as how factions is down and skyblock is basically dead at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. blakebein

blakebein New Member

Ratings:
    Donate?
    Legit 4 of my friends bought savage and bought it for me and other players back in the old days. that was like 150 dollars. They could do an insane amount of stuff with that and im sure they did. As for the old days coming back? That could happen with a few servers. Definitely prison, and HOPEFULLY survival which I played on for years. No matter what you say about donating and that if they do they can fix the servers, no one will donate. Especially the older players who when they bought anything and wanted a refund it was incredibly hard to get from Sciatas. This server can be great again if they get rid of a few servers, namely kitpvp and factions and more, and keep the ones that made the most money, Warfare and Survival.

8. Fastened

Fastened Active Member

Ratings:
    Hold on, did you just say factions doesn’t make money? You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Sure, people donated before, but that money went into the wrong hands. It’s in good hands now. If you even read what I wrote I said I know the incentive is lower. I’d say if anything, revamping Prison and Survival would bring less $$$. Those should be removed, as well as Kit PvP. Revamping Factions and Warfare would be the best thing they could do to get more players. Prison, Survival, and Kit PvP never had large player bases on the server and didn’t bring much money. Prison was the largest of the three, so I could understand why that should stay. But Survival and Kit PvP should almost definitely be removed. Nothing is gained from them, nor really ever has been.

9. minnabird

minnabird Active Member

Ratings:
    I've donated quite a lot to the server. I would donate more, if I wasn't scared to anymore and if I had the money to. I'm scared because, what if I don't get the item/perk I bought and have to make a ticket and wait for months for that to be answered, (which it tbh most likely won't be answered, ) scared because, what if Yay never goes back to the way it was.. and I basically bought something for a deadass server. Like on Warfare, I bought the tracker for $19 almost $20. Warfare is dead because of no reset or any improvements, so basically I bought the tracker for no reason. There are no players to track and raid anymore.

I understand how it helps the server, but I'm no longer donating.

10. blakebein

blakebein New Member

Ratings:
    @Fastened I have no idea what im talking about? ok bud. imma just ignore that and think that was a joke. If it made no money, i would like to know your sources for that AND what servers made more money then it. thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Fastened

Fastened Active Member

Ratings:
    Yeah hi I was Community Manager when the server was at its largest, that’s my source. Go fuck yourself.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HunterKiller434

Ratings:
    This kid clearly doesn't know who you are bro lmfao, Blake Factions makes more money than any type of server mode on MC. So learn your shit bro

13. HunterKiller434

Ratings:
  14. Fastened

Fastened Active Member

Ratings:
    Also, Survival was always the lowest money maker for the server (at it's largest). In order from highest earnings to lowest, it's something like this: Skyblock, Factions, Warfare, Creative, Prison, Survival, and Kit PvP now. Kit PvP is a relatively new server to YayMC.

15. zSalsa

zSalsa New Member

Ratings:
    As a player who worked and played beside Fastened, hes is 100% right about what he is saying here. The server just needs to get better by the ways Fastened just issued. Ill be sure to help by donating. Good forums post Fastened, you always knew the solutions to most problems.

-OldFashionPvP

#15 zSalsa, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:33 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Holsson

Holsson Active Member

Ratings:
    It's a nice idea but it's unrealistic. I wpuldn't reccomenend donating if I'm honest because Coelho has enough money to spend on the server but he won't do so anyway, donating will just put more money in his pocket that doesn't go to yaymc.

I don't think everything has to be redone either, honestly that might deter players from playing the servers once they are finally released because when they come out alot of the players will be old players who came back to replay due to fond memories of the server and if the server is completely different and redone then they may not stick around to play. Although I do think the servers needs some improving for sure.

There's no chance of Coelho being active and Jack already has all the perms that a owner would have besides being able to spend money.

Overall it's a nice idea but it won't work unless the owners are commited and unfortunately they are not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. zSalsa

zSalsa New Member

Ratings:
    1. Fix your grammar/spelling
    2. There could be other solutions but fastened has really good ones
    3. What you stated is somewhat true but sometimes you need to do certain things to make the server better. Those things are what fastened stated

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maxxy

Maxxy Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    Don't come at daddy holsson's spelling you bitch

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Holsson

Holsson Active Member

Ratings:
    My spelling really doesn't matter, I don't really try to correct that shit because I'm not going to try to look formal on minecraft forums.

I didn't suggest any soloutions and I think fastened solution is actually a good one but sadly it's unrealistic and has some flaws. I made this post to try and state how this wouldn't work.

For your last point I litterally stated that "I do think the servers need some improving for sure" so you're basically agreeing with me lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. zSalsa

zSalsa New Member

Ratings:
    well maybe if you knew the English language i would've been able to understand what you were saying. Thats why you need to speak correctly, so people understand you.