Dismiss Notice
Join our discord server to get regular updates on small server updates and changes. https://discord.gg/sWdrjsN

Factions Official Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Emmanuel, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Hello guys.

It has been a while and we have had to overcome several barriers that came in our way and understand this release may or not be a bad time considering there is going to be a grace period anyway. You may be wondering, why have we not released factions sooner? Several Reasons ranging from moving to a new house, administrators being elsewhere, such as doing finals etc. However, of course, this wasn't meant to happen. If these distractions hadn't been in the way, we would have released factions, at least a month ago, but hey, that's life.

Factions will release on the 22nd of December, this Friday at 3PM ET / 8PM GMT (UK) / 12PM PT We apologise for the short notice.

The grace period will commence upon release, and will continue until the 1st of January, so a little over a week due to the holiday period and such. The grace period is a set section of the map where explosions are disabled to prevent raiding and allow factions to get started on their bases and progress within the faction.

Crates will not be released until the grace period has concluded, to prevent the collapse of the economy in a short space of time. However, buy-craft will be released, but will only have abilities and ranks being able to be purchased. We have decided to withdraw spawner's from the store completely, but however, prices of the spawner's in-game have been adjusted to make the economy stable and worth the grind. Super-gear has been removed, as it was not performing correctly and was still purchasable on the store, which I disagree of its existence. The Starter, Daily, and Weekly kits have been improved to give a more chance of survival for the new and not as experienced players. A kit Monthly has been added as well, with some sweet goodies!

None of the ranks have been abolished, just changes such as the names and colours. Previously purchased ranks have been stored. Permissions within the ranks have been improved to allow ranked players to have access to more commands than they previously had. This goes for members too.

The list of changes I have just mentioned above, is just regarding the release and most important things to new and existing players. There will be a change log, 3 hours after release, listing the changes, and explanations behind the changes. I want to say a huge sorry for the slow and painstaking time it has taken to release factions, I will do my utmost to make sure that doesn't happen on future releases. Beta Testing has not happened on this release due to the short notice, and grace period being there for players to be able to report bugs they find, so we can resolve anything found during that section and fix them before the grace period has ended.

Last off, thanks for sticking with us and want you to wish you all the best for the holidays, Christmas (if you celebrate it) and for the new year in which I hope you all succeed in all walks of life and accomplish personal achievement's set and remember to take all opportunity thrown at you. Let’s hope 2018 is a better year for our community.

Good luck for the release, and can’t wait to see you competing.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pursq

Pursq Dedicated Member

Ratings:
    Thank you for all your hard work, @Emmanuel! Looking forward to a successful release and I’d like to thank the community for their patience.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1